Thursday 4 September 2008

auNTy broke!

Due to some personal issues, I've had to scale down this years RBR activity, however not totally stop!

AuNTy's throttle had been getting heavier so when it started stick open slightly with a little trip to the SW is planned for the weekend, I decided to look into the problem. My thinking was at best a little oil might quickly put things right.....maybe had the oil been applied earlier the cable wouldn't have snapped as soon as I started to look it over...... OK best check the "back up bike" the Yamaha XJ600 Diversion and fit the topbox onto it, chain lubed, engine oil topped up (never have to do that on auNTy!) tyres checked, fuel filled, last job the top box.... then whilst rummaging in the shed looking for some fixings I found a spare "new" throttle cable I'd bought for auNTy a while ago "just in case"! Truthfully it was so long ago I can't remember buying it! Cable fitted, all working so auNTy will be out this weekend.

No comments: